100gr Sugar ( Love Dark Brown!)
1 Medium Egg
2-3cm piece of fresh Ginger Root
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
3 Tablespoons cacao powder ( Optional, for darker colour!)
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
5 cloves ( crushed)
150gr icing sugar
1 egg white
a few drops of lemon juice
Entered by Hans Kolberg on 03/01/2014
Gingerbread recipe with fresh giner has wonderful flavour. We like to use this dough to make a Gingerbread House or simply bake cookie shapes for different occasions from Christmas to Valentines Day. Equally good decorated with icing or eaten as it is.
- Whip together egg, sugar and butter.
- Add ginger. Mix dry ingredients and fold them into the butter mixture.
- Roll the dough thin 3-5mm and cut favourite shapes.
- Bake for 8 min at 180C.
- Whip the icing sugar with edd white on fast for 7-8 min until it thickens
- Add a few drops of lemon (orcitric acid).
- Can be piped unto cooled biscuits, used to build the gingerbread house. Can be coloured with food colouring.