150g Unsalted Butter
60g cocoa powder
340g caster sugar
2tsp vanilla essence
75g self raising flour
1/2 tsp chilli powder or to taste
75g dark chocolate chips
Icing sugar to dust
Entered by Nicola Steaggles on 14/01/2014
This recipe is a lovely twist on an old favourite. Have them on their own, or fresh out of the oven with cream or vanilla ice cream for decadence!
- Grease and line a roasting tin or medium sized sponge tin. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or gas mark 4.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and cocoa together until incorporated. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In your mixer, mix the eggs and gradually add the sugar.
- Add the butter mixture and vanilla essence and mix until smooth.
- Sift the flour and chilli powder together and add to the mixture.
- If you are using chocolate chips, mix these in using a spoon to make sure they aren't lost in the mixture.
- Pour into the tin and bake for around 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Leave to cool in the tin and transfer to a cooling rack before cutting into squares and dusting with icing sugar