1 Jamaica Ginger cake (Mcvities)
2 chunks of stem ginger
50g Light brown sugar
50g Dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
30g Unsalted butter
50ml Double cream
Crème Fraiche to serve
Entered by Nancy Elgarf on 06/11/2013
This recipe was concocted by my sister and I one late night when we really fancied some STP, but it was lets say past bed time! An experiment of elements found in our cupboard soon became one of our all time favourite recipes!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Slice the cake roughly and put in an oven proof dish deep enough to take a bit of sauce too.
- Roughly chop the ginger stems and sprinkle over the cake, along with the raisins.
- To make the sauce, put the butter, sugars, syrup and vanilla in a pan and heat on low to medium until it begins to bubble. Be careful to watch it so that it doesn't burn.
- When the sugar butter mixture bubbles add the cream and stir quickly but carefully to incorporate.
- Pour the sauce over the cake and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the top is caramelised.
- Enjoy warm with either crème fraiche or ice cream!