Time: 2-4 hours
Tools: Dough hook bowl tool/ Flexi-beater bowl tool/ 2 baking trays (lined)
- Warm the milk and butter in a pan. Do not boil, just apply enough heat to melt the butter. Fit the dough hook bowl tool on to the CHEF Titanium and put all of the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl with the egg and combine on a low speed.
- Whilst the dough hook is slowly turning pour ¾ of the warm milk into the bowl. Mix and add more milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes until the dough is smooth. Place in a lightly greased bowl, cover and leave to prove in a warm cupboard or proving drawer for 1-3 hours until the dough has doubled in size.
- Line 2 baking trays and pre heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8 equal balls. Roll each ball into a disk about 9cm in diameter and put onto the trays. Cover and put back in a warm place to prove for a further 45 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle the icing sugar over the fruit. Stir gently to ensure the berries stay whole and leave to one side to allow the fruit to break down and soften.
- Next, fit the Flexi-Beater bowl tool to the CHEF Titanium. For the filling, mix the curd, ricotta and sugar into a smooth cream.
- Once the dough has rested, form a hollow in the centre of each disk by pressing a glass onto it. Fill the hollow with the cheese filling and glaze the dough with egg.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until the buns are golden.
10. Once completely cool, top the buns with the berry topping, with as little juice from the fruit as possible.