Sweet Potato is full of vitamin A which has been associated with lung health for a long time. They are also rich in other nutrients such as iron, vitamin B6 and potassium.
Preparation time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 large carrots
- 1cm root ginger
- 1 celery stick
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ large orange, zest and juice
- 1kg sweet potatoes
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 200ml coconut milk
- 625ml vegan bouillon, low salt
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Peel and chop the carrot, ginger and celery into chunks. Add them to the Blend-X Pro - chop by selecting the coarse chop programme.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan; empty the contents of the goblet into the saucepan and then, sauté on a medium/low heat for 5 minutes (until the onions are soft).
- Juice and zest the orange quarter.•Peel and chop the sweet potato into 3cm chunks, add it to the pan.
- Remove thyme from its stalk, and then add it to the pan.
- Add the orange zest, coconut milk and stock to the pan; leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Chop the coriander and add to the soup with the orange juice and seasoning, give the soup a good stir.
- Transfer the soup to the Blend-X Pro and purée by selecting the soup programme.
- Pour straight into bowls and serve with some freshly chopped coriander.
A great source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6