Chickpeas and other legumes are known as the 'ancestors of Prozac' because they contain a large dosage of the amino acid tryptophan.
Avocados are full of healthy fats and phytonutrients, they are also rich in essential vitamins - especially vitamins A, D and E. These help maintain healthy skin andf make avocado Mother Nature's number one skin moisturiser.
- 60g extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- Half teaspoon ground black pepper
- 400g chickpeas
- 1 avocado
- 20g flat leaf parsley
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- Drain the chickpeas and add them to the Blend X Pro goblet.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Select the fine chop programme.
- Use the stick to stir the mix to ensure good consistency, The mixture should have the consistency of hummus.
- You can keep it in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Enjoy this as a dip to accompany raw vegetable crudites.