Otherwise known as Larb Gai Salad, this is a modern healthy twist on a traditional Thai dish. It has been created by health, fitness and lifestyle influencer Chessie King.
For more on Chessie see her website at http://www.chessieking.com/
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 2 lime leaves
- 2-3 red chillies, deseeded
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6-7cm long piece of fresh ginger
- 4 skinless turkey breasts
- 1 tbsp peanut oil (olive oil or sunflower oil also works well)
- 60ml chicken stock
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3-4 baby gem lettuces, leaves separated
- Generous handful of mint, basil and coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Roughly chop the lemongrass, lime leaves, red chillies, red onion, spring onions, garlic and ginger into large chunks.
- Fit the Food Processor attachment to the Kenwood Chef Titanium, then place the ingredients inside the bowl and pulse until everything is finely chopped. Remove the ingredients from the Food Processor bowl and set aside.
- Fit the Food Mincer attachment and fit the coarse screen. Cut the Turkey breasts into large chunks and pass through the Food Mincer.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok over a high heat, then add the vegetable mixture and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the minced turkey and stir-fry until brown.
- While this is cooking, pour the chicken stock, fish sauce, caster sugar and lime juice into the bowl of the Kenwood Chef Titanium and using the K-beater combine the mixture with the fold function.
- Pour the mixture into the wok with the turkey and vegetables, then lower to a medium heat, and cook until the stock has reduced. This should take around 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and your Larb Gai is ready to serve.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the baby gem leaves and top with the mint, basil and coriander leaves. If you like a bit of heat, sprinkle some extra chilli flakes.