These delicious burgers are made in two ways - one for the adults and one for the kids, making it a favourite with all the family. You can find more recipes by Alsion Perry at www.notanothermummyblog.com
- 100g brie cheese
- 100g mozzarella
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 800g lamb shoulder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ black pepper
- 4 burger buns (optional)
- Heat oven to 200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Attach the Food Mincer attachment to the Kenwood Chef Titanium. Fit the coarse screen and mince the lamb into the machine’s bowl. For a finer texture pass the lamb through the medium screen and mince again.
- Place the onion, garlic and thyme in the Kenwood Multi Mill attachment, pulse the ingredients until they are at your desired, chopped texture.
- Add the lamb mince, lemon juice, and chopped thyme, garlic & onion into the Chef Titanium mixing bowl and secure the k-Beater attachment to the machine; combine the ingredients for 1-2 minutes on a slow speed until the ingredients are evenly mixed through.
- Divide the mix in half and place one half to the side and keep one half in the Kenwood Chef Titanium bowl.
a) For Children: Shape the burger mixture into two portions and create a well for the mozzarella to sit in. Pack the mince firmly around the cheese.
b) For Adults: With the mix remaining in the bowl add the chilli flakes and knead into two thick burgers. Make a well in the centre of each burger. Place half of the brie inside each burger and pack mix firmly around the cheese.
- When the oven has reached 200°C, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook the burgers for 8-10 minutes. Then turn the burgers over and continue for another 8-10 minutes.
- The cheese inside should soften and be warm through. Let the burgers rest, covered with foil, for about 3 minutes before serving.
- To serve, place burgers on buns, if desired, or directly onto plates along with a side salad or garnish of your choice.