This Disaster Chef 2016 challenge recipe by Becky Excell is gluten free, dairy free and free from refined sugar.
Find more of Becky's recipes at www.glutenfreecuppatea.co.uk
- 4 Large Ripe Bananas
- 4 Tbsps. of Homemade Apple Sauce
- 200g Gluten Free Flour
- 1 ¼ Tsps. Gluten Free Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp. of Bicarbonate of Soda
- Tbsp. of Cinnamon
- 2 Egg Whites
- A handful of chopped Pecan Nuts
- Extra ripe banana (optional decoration)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/ 160 Fan.
- Line a loaf tin using loaf tin liners or baking parchment
- Put the gluten free flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into the bowl of the Kenwood Chef Titanium and mix together using the k beater, starting on a slow speed and moving to a medium speed once the mixture is moving.
- Using the food processor attachment, turn the dial of the Kenwood Chef Titanium to the ‘pulse’ function to chop the nuts and reserve for a little later in the recipe. Then do the same to mash your bananas.
- Add the mashed Bananas to your dry mixture along with your egg whites and apple sauce, mix together thoroughly on a medium speed using the k beater of the Kenwood Chef Titanium until combined.
- Add some of the reserved pecan nuts to the mixture and give the ingredients a final mix using the pulse function on the dial.
- Pour your mixture into your loaf tin & either sprinkle some chopped pecans on top or slice a banana in two & place on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C/ 160 Fan for 50 to 55 minutes. Check the loaf is cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre of the loaf and making sure it comes out clean.
- Allow to completely cool before slicing up.
- You can use shop bought apple sauce, but making your own is so much tastier & simple by cooking Bramley apples in a saucepan with a little extra water & cinnamon
- I use Plain Gluten Free flour, but you could use Buckwheat, Brown Rice Flour or any other naturally GF flour... basically anything works!
- Any nuts can be chopped and mixed in. Walnuts work well, as do dairy free chocolate chips.