Over six weeks the 10 contestants will be tasked with creating six recipes designed to test and improve their culinary skills. The recipes will be provided via online video tutorials created for the competition by chef Raymond Blanc, cookery writer Miranda Gore Browne and Kenwood Development Chef Martin Johns.
To help the contestants create the recipes, they will be provided with:
- Step-by-step instructions
- A weekly delivery of fresh ingredients
- A Kenwood apron
- The ultimate kitchen machine for passionate novices and seasoned chefs alike, the Kenwood Chef Sense, worth £449.99
Each week the contestants will share an update on how they get on with the weekly recipe challenge, which will be posted online along with each week’s tutorial video and recipe – so keep an eye out!
All 10 contestants will then attend a live final on Saturday 28th November where they will meet the three judges (Raymond, Miranda and Martin). Here their skills will be put to the test while they are challenged to create a set two-course meal.
The most improved chef throughout the competition will walk away with the title of ‘Kenwood Chef 2015’ as well as a fantastic prize package, which includes:
- A selection of stylish Kenwood kitchen appliances to the value of £500.
- A two-night stay at Raymond Blanc’s Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons including accommodation, travel, tasting menu on the first evening and an à la carte dinner on the second, full English breakfasts, a tour of the Le Manoir kitchens and a signed copy of Raymond’s latest book Kew on a Plate.
- Two places for a day’s tuition at the Raymond Blanc Cookery School.
The six week improvement period will start from 12th October and the overall competition winner will be announced at the live final on 28th November.
Remember to keep up to date with all the latest news on the Kenwood Official facebook Page.