150g of chorizo, sliced
175g of cooked, peeled king prawns
1 ½ tbsp of semi skimmed milk
1 green pepper
½ a red pepper
1 small onion
100g frozen peas, defrosted
Extra virgin olive oil
Entered by Tessa McKnight on 26/11/2013
This was a recipe I tried out for my partner who is a lover of seafood and Spanish cuisine!
- In a frying pan, heat the oil. Chop the onion and chorizo and add to the pan. Sprinkle a little cayenne pepper over the chorizo and onion. Fry until the chorizo begins to crisp off slightly and the onion becomes soft.
- Chop the peppers into thin slices and add to the frying pan.
- Add the peas and prawns and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Break the eggs into a jug with the milk and beat. Season the egg mixture then add to the frying pan. Turn the heat down to a low heat and leave for about 10 minutes so that the frittata cooks through but the top remains runny.
- Heat the grill and place the frying pan under it. If your pan has a plastic handle, wrap it in tin foil to prevent it from melting.
- Grill the frittata for 3-4 minutes or until the top begins to turn crispy golden brown and bubbles slightly.
- Serve warm with fresh salad (I used rocket salad with the other half of the red pepper and some cherry tomatoes…and chips