350g courgettes, Grated
2 large eggs
50ml vegetable oil
4 tbsp Apple Sauce or Jam
50g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp Clotted Cream
50g Melted Milk chocolate
50g Melted Dark Chocolate (Change mix to suit taste)
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
100g Cashew Nuts, chopped
Entered by Jeremy Andrews on 25/11/2013
This is a very simple and tasty moist sweet loaf cake which will suprise your guests when you tell them it contains courgettes.
- Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, jam and clotted cream sugar, then add the courgettes and vanilla.
- Melt the chocolate and stir into the mixture.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a second bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, then pour into the tin.
- Bake for 1 hr, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.