4 tablespoons cocoa
4 tablespoons hot water
8oz (225g) soft margarine
8oz (225g) caster sugar
10oz (275g) self-raising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon milk
Entered by Marion Hyde on 05/12/2013
All in one chocolate bake. Family favourite and so versatile loved by all
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 12 x 9 in (30 x 23 cm) roasting tin with greaseproof paper.
- Blend together the cocoa and water and leave to cool.
- Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat well for 2 minutes until well blended.
- Put the mixture into your prepared tin and level the top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the cake springs back when pressed in the centre.
- Leave to cool in the tin. Once cooled you can decorate with Icing, use a cutter to cut out individual cakes and make them into small Victoria sponges with some chocolate butter cream or you can serve it with custard as a pudding.
Will make 21 small pieces