This mousse is beautifully light and the addition of a little rum gives it a satisfying warming quality.
- Heat the chocolate and butter together until just melted. Reserve.
- Attach the whisk, add the egg whites and whisk on a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Turn the speed to slow and slowly add 3tbsp of the sugar. Mix until combined.
- Remove the meringue from the bowl and reserve.
- Add the egg yolks and the rest of the sugar to the bowl and whisk on a high speed until the yolks become pale.
- Remove the Whisk and attach the Creaming Beater.
- On a slow speed add the melted chocolate and the reserved meringue. Mix on a slow speed until combined.
- Pour the mixture into tall glasses and place into the fridge for 2 hours.