Preparation time: 15 minutes plus freezing
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Tools: Food Processor / Power Whisk
What is Marquise?
Chocolate Marquise is a typical French dessert, rich in flavour with a velvet-like texture. It is any chocolate lovers dream come true and as an extra bonus, requires no baking. This dessert is perfected by adding summer berries when serving.
- Grate the chocolate in the Food Processor using the coarse shredding disc on speed 3 and reserve. Put the cream into the bowl and attach the Power Whisk.
- Set the speed to 3 and whisk the cream for 4 minutes or until thick, remove and reserve in the fridge.
- Add the eggs, egg yolks and sugar to the bowl. Set the temperature to 120ºC and the speed to 3 (use the pulse button). When up to temperature set the speed to 5 (still using the pulse button) and keep running the mixer for a minute. Turn the temperature off and keep running on minimum speed until the mixture reaches 60ºC.
- Once the temperature is 60ºC, add the cocoa powder, chocolate and butter.
- Continue to whisk on minimum speed until the chocolate melts. Set the speed to 2 and fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the mixture into the terrine mould and freeze overnight. To serve, place the terrine mould into a bowl of hot water, then invert onto a chopping board and slice the Marquise into portions. Transfer to a plate and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Add 2 tbsp. of fresh espresso to the mix, at stage 3.
Add 2 tbsp. of fresh lime, at stage 3.
Add 2 tbsp. of good malt whisky, at stage 3.