Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Temperature: 180˚C / Gas 4
Equipment: Shallow pan, oven proofdish, saucepan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Attach the food processor with the slicing disc and slice the redonions, reserve.
- Score the fat on the duck, heat a shallow pan and place each duck breast skin side down and cook gently for about 5 -7 minutes until turning golden. Turn over half way through and season.
- Take the meat from the pan and move to an oven proof dish, make sure you keep the pan with the duck fat.
- Cook in the oven for 5 minutes then remove, cover and leave to rest for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a little of the butter in a saucepan and add the polenta. Stir, then add the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. When the stock is absorbed and the polenta is soft, stir in the remaining butter. Taste and adjust the seasoning, reserve.
- Re-heat the pan with the duck fat and sauté the reserved chopped onion. Season a little and pour in the vermouth. Reduce by half and add the peas and asparagus. Cook for about 4 minutes then add the cream and 50ml of water.
- Quarter the figs and diagonally slice each duck breast into three. Divide the polenta between the plates, top with the pea and asparagus mix and lay the duck on top.
- Place the figs around the duck and finish with some pea shoots and a drizzle of olive oil.