Preparation time: 25 minutes, plus chilling time
Cooking time: 16 minutes
- Firstly put the bread in the blender and press the fine chop programme to make breadcrumbs, reserve.
- Put the ginger, chillies, coriander and spring onions into the blender and blend with the coarse chop programme. Add the white fish and chop using the coarse chop button.
- Empty the contents of the blender into a bowl and add the crabmeat, one of the eggs (beaten) and 6 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs. Fold together until the crabmeat breaks up and everything is evenly mixed.
- Divide the crab cake mixture into 8 equal portions and form into patties. Place on a tray and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/160°c fan oven/gas mark 4.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl, place some flour on a plate and then the remaining breadcrumbs on another plate or small tray.
- Dust the crab cakes in the flour, then dip in the egg, allowing excess to run off, then coat in breadcrumbs, making sure it is even, so brush off any clumps.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and fry the crab cakes for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 5-10 minutes until the centre is hot.
- Serve with sweet chilli relish and a few salad leaves to garnish.