Preparation time: 15 minutes plus freezing time
Cooking time: no cooking
- Put the raspberries into the blender with half of the water and mix until smooth on a medium speed. Strain through a fine sieve into a deep bowl.
- Put the remaining water into a pan with the sugar and heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Allow the syrup to cool.
- Stir the syrup into the raspberry purée then pour into a container. Cover and freeze for 45 minutes, then scoop the mixture back into the blender jug and give a few pulses to break up the crystals.
- Repeat twice then leave to freeze solid.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer the sorbet to the refrigerator so the sorbet can be scooped easily.
- Alternatively, if you have an ice-cream maker, you can make the sorbet in it without having to blend it during the freezing stages.
Tip: Add different berries especially when in season. For adults add a little liqueur such as cointreau, or raspberry liqueur.