This recipe for light and delicious macarons is perfect to give as a gift or as a sophisticated dessert for a dinner party.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 20 macarons
Equipment: 2 baking trays, piping bag
- Preheat the oven to 285°F and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Attach the Whisk, add the egg whites and vanilla extract and whisk on a high speed until soft peaks form.
- Turn the machine to a slow speed and gradually add the sugars.
- Remove the Whisk and attach the Creaming Beater or Folding tool. On a slow speed, fold in the ground almonds
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag. Pipe out 1 inch discs of the mixture onto the tray, leaving a little less than an inch between each one. Tap the tray hard on the work surface to help prevent the tops from cracking.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until they come away easily from the baking paper.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes.
- While the macaroons are cooling, attach the Creaming Beater and add the mascarpone, melted chocolate and cocoa powder. Mix on a high speed until combined.
- Carefully remove the macaroons from the parchment and sandwich together with the chocolate filling. Serve.