A classic French filling which is such a versatile recipe. You can use almost any fruit, but some will need to be lightly poached first, and others mixed with alcohol.
Preparation time: 30 minutes, including 20 minutes resting time
Cooking time: 30 to 40 minutes
For the tart case:
- Grease the tart pan with butter
- Attach the K Beater, add the butter, sugar, flour, vanilla extract and salt. Mix on a medium speed until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Gradually add the egg yolks and mix until combined
- Remove the pastry from the bowl wrap in cling-film and place in the refrigerator until ready to use
To make the tart:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll out to 3-5mm thick, then place the dough into the tart pan and press down to the edges
- Attach the Creaming Beater, add the butter and sugar and mix on a medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the egg, and mix until incorporated
- Add the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and zest of lemon and mix until combined
- Spread the mixture over tart pan
- Cut the plums in half, and place cut side down into the tart filling
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until well risen and golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool at room temperature.
- Add the apricot jam to a saucepan and warm through on a low heat, brush over the tart and serve.