1 lb bacon, skin removed, medium diced
3 oz. Shao Xing, Chinese rice wine
4 oz. soy sauce
3 cups water
5 oz oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp ginger, minced
2 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 lbs. Sticky Rice, soaked in water overnight
Braised chinese bacon, recipe
1 cup chinese bacon braising liquid
Attachments: Cooking Chef Bowl, Steamer Basket
- In the Cooking Chef bowl, pre heat to 400 degrees, then add oil, and then add ginger and garlic.
- Once the garlic and ginger have become aromatic, add Chinese bacon let cook for 3-5 minutes then add the Chinese rice and the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring this to a boil and then back down to a simmer, cook low and slow for about 45 minutes or until the bacon is tender.
- Then strain liquid and reserve the bacon, ginger and garlic.
- Strain sticky rice and steam in the Cooking Chef bowl with the steam attachment and wet piece of cheese cloth and steam for 12 minutes.
- Remove the sticky rice and place into a bowl and stir in Chinese bacon mix and braising liquid.
- Cut 4 inch by 4 inch pieces of banana leaf, add 3oz of the sticky rice and bacon mixture to the banana leaf, and roll into a tube, then set aside.
- To finish cooking, place water into the Cooking Chef bowl set onto high.
- Place the sticky rice into the steamer attachment, and place into the bowl. Steam for 4 minutes or until warm.