1½ cups vegetable stock or water
1½ cups white wine
½ cup olive oil
1 3-inch piece lemongrass
1 bay leaf
8 mint leaves
1 clove garlic
4 4-oz black bass filets
1 lobster tail in shell, cut into 4 pieces
1 cup raw English peas
1 cup raw fava beans
1 cup baby carrots, scrubbed not peeled.
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
1 cup fresh pea shoots
The delicate flavors of the sea bass pair well with the medley of peas, fava beans and carrots. With a white wine broth infused with mint, lemongrass and garlic that’s topped with fresh steamed lobster, this dish adds flair to any seafood spread.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 13 - 15 minutes
Attachments: Cooking Chef Bowl, Steamer Basket, Splash Guard
- Place first the vegetable stock or water, white wine, olive oil, lemon grass, bay leaf, mint leaves and garlic in the Cooking Chef bowl.
- Bring to a rolling boil by placing the timer on 8 minutes and the temperature on the highest setting, 285°.
- Add the ricotta cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest, seasoning with salt and a touch of fresh nutmeg.
- Add the peas, favas and carrots, drizzling with the olive oil and seasoning with a pinch of salt.
- Place the Splash Guard on and steam the vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Remove the Splash Guard and lay the bass and lobster on top of the steamed vegetables.
- Set the timer for an additional 3 minutes and continue steaming.
- Warm 4 dinner plates or bowls.
- Remove the Steamer Basket and place on the Kenwood heat pad.
- Place a black bass filet on each plate along with a piece of lobster (remove the lobster from the shell if you like).
- Spoon the steamed vegetables around the bass and lobster. Strain the steamer juices and pour a little over the bass and lobster.
- Serve immediately with fresh peas shoots dressed in lemon and olive oil.