For the dough
280g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
150ml boiling water
1 tsp salt
For the dipping sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp chilli oil
For the filling
1 carrot, peeled and trimmed
1 thumb sized knob of ginger, peeled
300g cashew nuts
140g chestnut mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
4 spring onions, trimmed and roughly chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Begin by preparing the dumpling dough. Add the flour and salt to the bowl of your Multipro Sense food processor, fitted with the dough tool and set to a medium speed. Gradually pour in the boiling water, until the dough comes together into a ball. Remove the ball of dough, knead briefly on the counter, then wrap in clingfilm and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce, mix together all of the ingredients in a small bowl and reserve.
- To prepare the filling, fit your Multipro Sense food processor with the coarse grating plate, and shred the carrot and ginger. Change to the knife blade (leave the shredded carrot and ginger in the bowl), and add the cashews, mushrooms, spring onions, soy sauce, and black pepper. Process the filling ingredients together on a high speed until they are fully chopped and combined. Reserve.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, and unwrap onto a flour dusted surface. Roll the dough out to a thickness of around 2-3mm, and cut out rounds with a 9cm cutter.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons onto the centre of a round, then moisten the edge of the circle with a wet finger or a pastry brush. Pleat around the edge of the dough from left to right, pinching the dough together with your fingers to seal. When you are half way around the circle, join the pleated front to the smooth back to leave you with a moon shaped dumpling that sits comfortably on its base.
- Repeat with the rest of the rounds until you have filled all of the dumplings this way.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the dumplings, flat side down. Fry the dumplings for around two minutes, then pour in around 5 tbsp water (be careful as the hot liquid can splash), and quickly add a tight fitting lid. Turn the heat down to a low temperature and allow the dumplings to steam for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.