This guilt-free quiche is perfect for healthy family picnics, and was developed by Amelia Freer, Nutritional Therapist and bestselling author of ‘Cook Nourish Glow'.
Makes 5 or 6 individual ramekins
For the herb salt
- 10g rosemary
- 10g sage leaves
- 40g Maldon salt
For the vegetable quiche
- 12 eggs
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp herb salt
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 medium courgettes, spiralized using the linguine cutting cone on the Kenwood Electric spiralizer
- 1 large carrot, spiralized using the linguine cutting cone on the Kenwood Electric Spiralizer
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Pre heat oven to 200°C (180°C fan). Grease 6 individual ramekins with coconut oil.
- Make the herb salt in a small food processor or blender such as the Kenwood Mini Chopper, whizzing until fine. You will have more than you need but save any extra for roast vegetables, or a flavour boost to soups or salads. Leave in an open jar to dry out.
- Beat the eggs with the white pepper and herb salt, then add the parsley and spring onions. Spiral the vegetables using the Kenwood Electric Spiralizer, then divide the spiralized vegetables evenly between ramekins, and pour over the egg mix, leaving at least 1cm from the top.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. They will puff up tall in the oven but reduce in height as they begin to cool. Serve hot.
Find out more about the Kenwood Electric Spiralizer - Click here.
For more information on heathy nutrition and Amelia Freer, Nutritional Therapist and bestselling author of ‘Cook Nourish Glow'. :