Recipe for Kenwood by Jordan Rondel
- 6 small ripe plums, pitted and halved
- 150g butter, softened
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 organic eggs
- 200g ground almonds
- 35g buckwheat flour (or plain flour if you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC fan bake. Grease and flour a 12-hole friand tray very well.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until pale, light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the ground almonds and flour until combined, do not over mix.
- Evenly divide the batter between the friand holes and press a plum half into each one. Sprinkle each with some un-toasted coconut flakes.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden in colour and springy to the touch.
- Leaves the cakes to cool in the tray for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, dust with some icing sugar.
Tip: Serve with some Greek yogurt, mascarpone or whipped cream. Store in a cool, dry place in an airtight container for up to 3 days.