Recipe for Kenwood by Jordan Rondel
Makes 10 Cookies
- 200g pecans
- 200g butter, softened
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 200g spelt or regular flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- generous pinch flaky sea salt + extra for sprinkling
- 100g pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 100g 70% dark chocolate buttons
For the Ganache:
- 50ml cream
- 50g dark chocolate buttons (70% cocoa solids)
- By hand roughly chop 50g of the pecans, and put the remaining 150g in a food processor.
- Pulse until finely ground, but be careful it doesn’t become butter.
- In the bowl of your kMix stand mixer, using the folding tool, beat together the butter, sugar and maple syrup until smooth.
- Add in the ground pecans, flour, baking powder and salt.
- By hand, fold in the chopped dates, chocolate chips and roughly chopped pecans. The dough should hold together when pressed.
- Form the dough into a log (about 6cm wide) and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Unwrap the cookie log and cut into about 3cm rounds. Place the cookies on the baking tray, at least 3cm apart to allow them to spread. Sprinkle each one with some more sea salt.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden. Leave them on the tray to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the ganache. Heat the cream in a saucepan until small bubbles start to appear on the surface. Take off the heat and drop in the chocolate.
- Stir until it is melted; the ganache should be thick, smooth and glossy.
- Once the cookies are cool, use a fork to drizzle ganache over them. Place the tray in the fridge for 20 minutes to allow the ganache to set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.