Recipe for Kenwood by Jordan Rondel
For the cookies:
- ¾ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- Generous pinch flaky sea salt
- Almond flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan bake. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Place all the cookie ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth - this should take about 3-4 minutes.
- With the help of a tablespoon, roll the dough into small balls. Press each cookie down with the back of a wet fork. Sprinkle each one with some sea salt and almond flakes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to sit for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Once the cookies are fully cooled, dip them into the chocolate, aiming to coat the bottom half of each one. Place them back onto the lined baking tray and refrigerate until the chocolate is solid.
Tip: Store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 1 week, great served with a hot, milky tea.