Preparation time: 20 minutes, 40 minutes resting time
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Equipment: Baking trays, baking paper, piping bag
To make the pastry cream:
- Attach the Creaming Beater and add the sugar, corn flour and the egg yolks to the bowl. Mix on a medium speed until the mixture is light and pale.
- Add the vanilla, cream and milk and mix on a slow speed until well combined.
- Set the temperature to 105°C and the speed to stirring speed 1. Bring to the boil then reduce the temperature to a simmer. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn the temperature off and continue to cook until the temperature reduces to 80°C.
- Place the cream into a clean bowl, cover and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
To make the Mille Feuille:
- Fill a piping bag with the pastry cream, lay a rectangle of the pastry onto a work surface and pipe a 1cm thick layer of the mixture on top. Repeat this process again until you have two layers of cream and 3 layers of pastry.
- Repeat the whole process with the other pastry rectangles.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.