Oven, Kenwood Major
1 tablespoon vanilla flavour
1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
800g top flour (sieve)
100g almond (slivers)
50g cocoa powder (sieve)
500g caster sugar
Pinch of salt
50g corn flour (sieve)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda (sieve)
50g almond (chopped)
1. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in KMM750 for about 3 minutes on
medium speed until well blended.
2. Add salt and nutmeg powder. Lower speed, add corn flour, top
flour, bicarbonate soda and almond slivers. Continue till dough is
soft and even.
3. Divide dough into 2 portions. Set Portion A aside. Mix chopped
almonds and cocoa powder to Portion B.
4. Place Portion A on foil and roll to 1cm thickness. Do the same
with Portion B.
5. Place Portion A on top of Portion B and level it. Carefully
remove the foil from Portion A. Slowly roll dough similar to swiss
rolls. Allow dough to rest in refrigerator for about 15 to 20
minutes or until it stiffens.
6. Cut into slices 10cm thick and bake in Oven for 15 minutes or
until golden brown and crispy. Before baking, heat oven to 180ºC
for 15 minutes. When placing cookies in, reduce heat to