Attachment used: Food Processor
Method/ for the kibbeh
- Rinse the bulgur under water and drain to remove any excess water.
- Place the remaining Kibbe ingredients (except the large shrimps) in the Kenwood food processor and pulse twice until smooth dough is formed.
- Lightly wet your hands with water and divide the dough into egg-sized balls.
- Press your thumb into the centre of each ball to form cup big enough to fit the large shrimps.
- Fill each cup with one shrimp leaving tail out. (Save some shrimps to be added to the stew).
- Shape the kibbe mixture around the shrimp to form an egg shape. Repeat with the remaining dough and shrimps. Set aside.
For the stew
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and stir for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the tomato juice, paste and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add the turnips and dried lemon. Reduce the heat, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has been reduced down.
- Add the Kibbe and the remaining shrimps, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Swiss chard or spinach and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove the dried lemon and discard.
- Serve kibbe with vegetable stew garnished with chopped parsley.