1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 green pepper, cored and roughly chopped
1 fresh jalapeno chilli, stem removed, roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
600g baby potatoes, halved
2 tbsp fish sauce
3 carrots, roughly chopped
2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
2 bunches fresh coriander, leaves picked from one bunch, stalks reserved
1kg mixed seafood (prawns, mussels, scallops, squid, haddock, salmon etc)
- Fit your Triblade System Pro with the mini chopper attachment. Add the onion, pepper, chilli and garlic to the mini chopper bowl and pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped vegetables and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Add the spices and cook for two minutes. Scrape the contents of the pan into the jug of your triblade system pro, with 500ml cold water and 1 whole bunch of coriander and the stalks from the other bunch (keep the picked leaves for the top). Change the attachment on your triblade system pro to the triblade blending wand and blend until smooth.
- Change the attachment back to the mini chopper.
- Add the carrots to the bowl of the mini chopper attachment, and pulse until they are finely chopped.
- Into the same large pan as before, pour 1l water, add the stock cubes, fish sauce, and potatoes, and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then add the carrots. Boil for 5 more minutes, until both are just tender.
- Add the seafood to the pan and simmer until just cooked, 3-5 minutes. Pour in the coriander broth and bring the heat up to a simmer. Squeeze in the juice of 2 limes and serve, garnishing each bowl with a handful of coriander leaves and a lime half.