Try these delicious brownies, they are moist and deliciously chocolatey with a fudgy centre. Also, with no added sugar they are a great way to appease your sweet tooth.
4 (medium) Beetroot
20 Pitted Dates
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
3 tbsp Agave Syrup
2 Dark Chocolate
200g Unsalted Butter
80g Buckwheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
100g Ground Almonds
Time: 1 hour
- Place the JUICE FILTER into the Kenwood PureJuice Pro.
- Ensure the beetroots are at room temperature.
- Clean and peel them.
- Juice the beetroot and reserve the pulp and 100ml of the juice for this recipe and enjoy the rest separately.
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a square cake tin (25x25cm) and then line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Chop the chocolate and cube the butter.
- Place the chocolate and butter into a heat proof bowl.
- Place over a pan of simmering water.
- Melt the chocolate and reserve.
- Drain the dates and mash them with a fork or process in a food processor.
- Add the beetroot pulp.
- Mix the pulp and dates together then mix in the eggs one by one, followed by the vanilla extract and agave syrup.
- Then add the melted chocolate to the mixture and stir until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the baking powder, buckwheat flour and ground almonds.
- Use a spatula to fold them into the beetroot and chocolate mix.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 20-25 minutes, and then remove from the tin and leave to cool completely before serving.