Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Tools: K beater, Flat pasta maker
Equipment: Square baking dish
For the dough
1. Using the K-beater, mix all the dough ingredients together in the Kenwood bowl. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Lightly flour the surface using semolina and roll out the dough into a rectangle.
3. Fit the flat pasta maker, shape one piece of dough into a long flat disc and feed through the rollers set on number 7. Sprinkle flour over the rollers as necessary.
4. Pass through the roller several times, decreasing thickness by a degree or two each time, to have the required thickness of half a centimetre (keep dough and machine floured).
5. Cut the rolled dough into equal rectangular sheets.
6. Boil the pasta sheets in salted boiling water for a few minutes and drain on a clean kitchen cloth to dry.
7. Brush with oil to avoid them sticking together.
For the Bolognese sauce
1. Cook the minced beef in a pan over medium heat until brown and drain off any excess fat.
2. Add the oil, onion, tomatoes, juice and the dried oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken.
For the Bechamel sauce
1. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and stir in the flour for 3 minutes.
2. Gradually add the milk and whisk until well combined and thickened then remove from heat.
3. Stir in half the ricotta and some parmesan.
4. Preheat oven to 180°C.
5. Spoon some of the bolognaise sauce into a baking dish and cover with a single layer of pasta sheets. Top with a layer of béchamel sauce.
6. Repeat the layers - pasta, meat, béchamel, cheese until you use all the meat sauce. Add a final layer of pasta, the last of the béchamel and top with a layer of mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 45 minutes until golden and bubbly.