The error code meanings are as follows:
Please not these codes are for Cooking Chef models starting with "KM"
- E:01 - The head of the machine is raised. Set Power to ‘0’ and lower the head.
- E:02 – The Cooking Bowl is not fitted correctly. Set the power to zero and realign or refit the bowl.
- E:03 - The heat shield is not fitted. Ensure it is secured correctly as the cooking function will not operate if this is not in place.
- E:04 - Slow/High Speed Outlet cover not in place. Ensure all covers are fitted.
- E:09 - The heat is too hot or a temperature sensor problem. Allow the machine to cool and check sensors are clear from debris.
- E:10 – Overheat or Speed issue – check air vents are free from obstruction and clean.
When clearing an error code always set the speed to ‘0’ and retry.
In the unlikely event any other error codes appear please assistance from a service agent as these may indicate a faulty component.
A list of Kenwood approved repair agents can be viewed by clicking on the following link:
If your machine is within its guarantee please use the contact us here, remembering to include all information requested.