2 ½ cups fava beans
8 oz burrata cheese
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp lemon oil
1/2 tsp salt, kosher
6 each bread, thick slice
1 clove garlic, skin on
Attachments: TriBlade Hand Blender
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and season with salt.
- Have a bowl of ice water nearby.
- Blanch the favas for two minutes and submerge them in the ice water to hold their color and stop the cooking.
- Remove the favas from the ice water and peel and remove the germ.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the bread and blend them with the TriBlade hand blender for 1 minute until well blended. Do not over blend, some fava beans should remain whole for texture.
- Toast or grill the bread and rub with the clove of garlic.
- Spread the fava burrata mixture on the warm bread.
- If available garnish with fava leaves, radish and their flowers and small mint leaves.
- Serve immediately while bread is still warm.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.