This is a light and simple salad for summer nights. If you like it spicy, keep the seeds in the chillies.
- ½ Chinese cabbage, cut into quarters
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 2 red onions
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 2 limes, halved
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-2cm piece of ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- Toasted peanuts and fried shallots, to garnish
- Attach the food processor to your MultiOne. Insert the slicing blade. Secure the lid.
- Place the cabbage down the chute and process into fine slices.
- Remove cabbage and set aside.
- Repeat the process with red onions.
- Remove the slicing blade and attach the grating blade. Secure the lid.
- Process the carrots. Place in the same bowl as the cabbage and red onions.
- Remove the slicing blade and secure the spindle in the food processor bowl.
- Place the citrus press on the food processing bowl. Squeeze the limes.
- Remove citrus press and spindle and attach the knife blade.
- Add chillies, fish sauce, palm sugar, sesame oil and ginger. Secure the lid.
- Pulse until chillies and ginger are finely chopped.
- Pour over the cabbage mixture. Toss to combine.
- Top with peanuts and shallots and serve.