2 Large red peppers - cut in ½ and deseeded
15ml Olive oil
50g Soft breadcrumbs
12 Black olives – Sliced
12 Sunblush tomatoes or 40g Sundried tomatoes –soaked in hot water and chopped
2tbs Green pesto
60g Pine nuts
25g Grated parmesan cheese
½ tsp. Oregano
150ml Hot vegetable stock
25g Grated Parmesan cheese to top before finishing
Fresh basil leaves to garnish
1. Oil the base of the ceramic pot with the olive oil.
2. Turn the slow cooker on to high setting.
3. Mix together the stuffing ingredients and divide equally between the peppers.
4. Place into the slow cooker and pour in the hot vegetable stock.
5. Cook on high for 2hrs or low for 4hrs
6. Remove the peppers into a grill proof dish.
7. Top with the grated Parmesan cheese and grill for a few minutes to brown.
8. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.