4 Duck breasts
1x 195g Jar of Chinese Hoisin sauce
100ml Red wine
Zest of 1 orange
25g Sesame seeds
4 Sliced spring onions
1. Pre heat the slow cooker on high.
2. In a frying pan sear the duck breasts skin side down until they start to brown. Flip them over for a couple of minutes to seal the other side, discard the fat in the pan.
3. Place into the slow cooker and add the Hoisin sauce and the red wine mix.
4. Place the lid on the cooker and cook for 2hr on high or 1hr on high then 2hrs on low.
5. To finish remove the duck from the cooker and place into a warmed dish. , Pour over the sauce.
6. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the duck and place under a low grill to toast.
7. Garnish with the fresh sliced spring onions and serve.
Serve on top of a Chinese crispy stir fry or a salad of shredded leaves and carrot.
1. Browning the duck breasts prior to slow cooking removes the excess fat from the duck skin.
2. The duck breast can be sliced or shredded after slow cooking, this makes a crisper finish under the grill.