Makes about 2kg
2 x 1kg Jars or 4 x 500g Jars with lids or preserving covers
500g Desert Apples
115g Chopped Dates
200g Cranberries (Defrost if using frozen)
115g Ready to eat apricots (chopped)
50g Chopped almonds
1kg Mixed dried fruit
225g Dark soft brown sugar
225g Vegetable suet
3tsps Mixed spice
1. Peel, core and dice the apples.
2. Pour ½ the brandy into the slow cooker with all the other ingredients.
3. Turn slow cooker on high.
4. Stir the contents and place on the lid. Cook for 1hr.
5. Stir and replace the lid. Turn to low and cook for 2 ½ hrs. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
6. Once the cooking time is over remove the lid and allow to cool. Stir in the remaining brandy.
7. Spoon into sterilised preserving jars, place on an airtight lid. Store in a cool place until required for use.
8. Once opened store in the refrigerator and use in 1-2 weeks