Attachment used: Grain mill
Method / For the meatballs
- Grind the rice into a fine flour using the Kenwood grain mill.
- In a large bowl, season the beef with salt and pepper and add the remaining ingredients.
- Grind the meat using the food mincer or food processor attachment until it reaches a dough-like consistency.
- Shape into small balls, approx the size of small limes.
- Deep fry in batches. Drain on a paper towel and put aside.
For the tomato sauce
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and garlic, stirring for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, juice and meatballs and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the pumpkins and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with the tomato sauce, garnish with dill.