Preparation time = 20 mins
Cooking time = none. Refrigerate for 2 hours
Serves approx 6 (6 x 150ml servings)
- Place the water in a large heatproof bowl sitting over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in the bowl to melt slowly.
- Remove from the heat and stir to ensure a smooth and glossy mixture.
- Allow the chocolate to cool for 2-3 minutes and then stir in the egg yolks.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl and use the dual whisk on Auto to whisk until soft peaks form (approximately 30 - 45 seconds). Do not over whisk.
- Whisk in the sugar, adding a third at a time. Whisk until the egg white mix looks glossy.
- Add the folding tool into the bowl and pour the melted chocolate gently over the egg white mix. Use a low speed (speed 1 – 2) and fold until the chocolate is incorporated (max 60 seconds). DO NOT over mix. Any unprocessed mix should be gently folded in by hand.
- Divide the mix between the serving glasses, cover with cling film and allow to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
This mousse recipe uses raw eggs – ensure the eggs are fresh, in date and have been stored in the fridge. Pregnant women or those with weak immunity should not eat raw eggs.