You don’t have to just flavour this bread with the sun dried tomatoes, you can use any combination your imagination sees fit.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Attach the dough tool.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, egg whites, thyme, sun dried tomatoes and the butter.
- Pulse until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the water and yeast.
- Process at speed 2 for 1 minute.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and shape into three balls.
- Shape each ball of dough into loaves. Place onto a baking tray or into a loaf tin.
- Cover with a towel and leave to prove in a warm, draught-free place.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Once the loaves have doubled in size, then place in the oven.
- After 10 minutes turn the temperature down to 180°C and cook for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- To check if the bread is cooked, turn the loaves over and hit gently with your fingertips – if the loaves sound hollow then they are cooked.
- Turn out to cool on a cooling rack.