This dessert is British cooking at it best, unpretentious and great flavours; perfect with a good creamy custard.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Attach the knife blade to the food processor.
- Add all the ingredients for the crumble topping into the food processor and pulse until combined.
- Take out of the bowl and store in an air tight container.
- Peel and core the apples.
- Attach the thick slicing disc to the food processor.
- Slice the apples in the food processor.
- Scatter the apples and blackberries in an oven proof dish.
- Add the sugar and mix.
- Flatten down with your hands.
- Scatter the crumble mix over the top.
- Place into a preheated oven set at 180ºC for 45 minutes.
Gooseberry and Blackberry Crumble
- Put 400g of gooseberries, 200g water and 150g sugar into a saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove to an ovenproof dish and scatter over 100g of blackberries.