Posh home made burgers for the tastiest sizzling BBQs this summer.
Preperation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Tools: Kenwood Kitchen Machine, Mincer / K Beater
675g (1½lb) beef sirloin or braising steak, cut into long thin strips
15ml (1 tbsp) chopped mixed fresh herbs e.g parsley, thyme, basil
juice and grated rind ½ lemon
freshly ground black pepper
flour, for dusting
vegetable oil for cooking
For the Onion Rings:
1 small onion sliced into rings
1 egg white, lightly beaten
30-45ml (2-3 tbsp) plain flour
toasted slices crusty bread
mixed salad leaves
1. Fit the Mincer with the coarse screen and mince the beef into the Kenwood Bowl. For a finer texture
pass through the screen again.
2. Add the herbs, lemon juice and rind and a generous sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper. Using the K Beater at minimum speed, mix the ingredients together.
3. Divide into 4 and with floured hands shape into thick burgers. Either brush with oil and place under a
preheated grill for about 4 minutes on each side, or shallow fry over a medium heat.
4. Meanwhile make the fried onion rings, dip the rings first into the egg white and then into the flour.
Heat 2.5cm (1 inch) oil in a pan and fry for 1-2 minutes, until golden.
5. Serve burgers garnished with onion rings accompanied by toasted crusty bread, mixed salad
leaves and the remaining onion rings.