1 punnet of button mushrooms
1 clove of garlic (sliced thinly)
1 large onion (dice)
1 bag of Quorn or any meat free meatballs
1 jar of smooth passata
ground black pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 bag of spaghetti
Entered by Kayleigh Beirne on 13/01/2014
A great chunky recipe for vegetarians.
- Coat the meatballs in olive oil, pepper and mixed herbs and put aside.
- Fry the mushrooms, garlic and onions in olive oil for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and fry for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Add the jar of pasatta and bring to the boil. Then simmer and add the sugar, bay leaves and more pepper and herbs to taste.
- Then bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti per instructions.
- Drain and serve with the meatballs and sauce.
P.S My Nan always told me if you found a bay leaf in your bowl you could wish on it!