2 Chicken Breasts, diced
3-4 Shallots finely chopped
Low fat garlic & herb cream cheese
Parmesan to serve
Entered by Chloe Stevens on 03/01/2014
This is a favourite in our household and is cheap, quick, easy, relatively healthy and very tasty. It always goes down well!
- Sweat the chopped shallots in butter for a few minutes, add the chicken cut into bite sized pieces and fry until sealed all over.
- Add a good glug of red wine, enough to come about half way up the chicken, sprinkle on some sage (as much or as little as you like) and leave to simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally to 'coat' the chicken in the red wine.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dente and drain.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add in half the tub of the cream cheese and stir until it is all melted and incorporated.
- Add the pasta and stir well. Serve with a generous grating of good parmesan. ENJOY! :)