150g self raising flour
110 ml sunflower oil
60g caster sugar
1 tbsp lemon curd
Grind of a small lemon
Half a tin of tinned pears, chopped up (keep the juice for the icing)
1 cooking apple peeled, cored and cut into chunks
100g icing Sugar
Entered by Jacq Crane on 06/11/2013
This tastes lovely served warm with fresh berries and some yogurt or cream. Can be a yummy Sunday pudding or and just as yummy served cold with a coffee next day!
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line a standard loaf tin.
- Whisk or mix the oil, sugar and lemon zest. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Then whisk in the lemon curd.
- Fold in the flour and then gently stir in lots of chopped up pears and apples.
- Pour into loaf tin and bake for 45 to 60 mins.
- Once baked, take out of the oven, leave to cool.
- To prepare the icing, mix some of the pear juice with the icing sugar to suit the thickness you might like and spread over the top of the loaf.