170g Soft Margarine
140g Caster Sugar
225g Self Raising Flour
3 tbs milk
225g Dried Mixed Fruit (I usually use luxury mix but ordinary is fine)
100g Cooking Chocolate Drops (I use plain but mike are good too)
Entered by Shirley Harris on 17/12/2013
A delicious light and unusual cake with dried fruit and chocolate.
- Line a 7" or 18cm cake tin
- Set oven temperature at 160 deg
- Put margarine, sugar, flour, eggs and milk into a bowl and either use an electric mixer or give it all a good whisk up by hand until well blended and fluffy.
- Fold in the dried mixed fruit and chocolate drops.
- Scoop it all into the tin gently level the top and put in the oven for about 1hr 30 mins or until the top is springy to the touch and a cake tester, knitting needle or bamboo skewer comes out clean after plunging into the cake.