300g 12oz Self-raising Flour
A pinch of salt
150g 6oz Butter
150g 6oz Sugar
100g 4oz Desiccated Coconut
1 tbsp Milk
Entered by Barbara Scott on 14/01/2014
These coconut buns are a family favourite. They are delicious and go very nicely as a snack with a refreshing cup of tea or coffee!
- Collect all ingredients needed and grease tin.
- Sieve the flour & salt into a bowl. Add the butter to the bowl and rub in.
- Add the sugar and coconut.
- Add the egg, & mix with milk & vanilla essence to give a stiff dough.
- Put in in 12-16 rocky heaps on the greased baking tin allowing space for the mixture to spread.
- Bake in a hot oven at 230°C, 450°F, Gas Mark 8 for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.