2 tablespoons oil
1 Sachet of Chilli Con Carne Mix (I use Colmans)
500 grams lean minced beef
1 pint of cold water
2 Medium Onions (Chopped)
1 cup of pasata
1 tin of baked beans
half teaspoon garlic powder
Entered by Trudi Walsh on 07/01/2014
My children are very fussy eaters, so its hard to find a happy medium when it comes to mealtimes, getting them to try new flavours is a job in itself because of the ingredients that go into a dish, however here I swapped kidney beans for baked beans.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan & add the mince, onion cook until brown and then add sliced mushroom. Drain any excess oil.
- Blend the contents of the sachet with the water and add to the mince, onion & mushroom
- Add the pasata, baked beans & garlic powder.
- Bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Ensure piping hot and serve on a bed of boiled rice. We also serve it with Tortilla Chips.